Sunday, August 26, 2012

There IS Overwhelming Evidence...But You Must Overcome Your...



Back in my mid teens I remember my 'Uncle Johnny', who was a laborer for one of the local big car manufacturer's (I wanna say Ford) up there in Twinsburg, just pitchin' a bitch about how our country was goin down the tubes. This would have been back in the late 70's. I unfortunately wasn't interested in 'all that'. Although unlike some, I didn't find it bothersome that he would take up this gripe.

The thing of it is people don't wanna be bothered by the truth. I think denial is a societal phenomenon here in America especially. We appear to be so comfortable even in the midst of recession and bailouts. It's amazing what we can scan, glimpse, take in and then move right on to what apps are hot for our smartphones, what we're gonna do for Labor Day/any upcoming holiday, making a list of 'To Do' tasks for around the house, where we're going for those school supplies...and on, and on, and on it goes.

I remember learning about something called 'comfort zones'. This from Wikipedia on comfort zones;  "A comfort zone is a type of mental conditioning that causes a person to create and operate mental boundaries. Such boundaries create an unfounded sense of security. Like inertia, a person who has established a comfort zone in a particular axis of his or her life, will tend to stay within that zone without stepping outside of it. To step outside a comfort zone, a person must experiment with new and different behaviours, and then experience the new and different responses that then occur within their environment."  

So like a rubber band, we take in something new- our comfort zones get stretched outside of their boundaries, and then 10 to 15 minutes later (or less) it snaps right back!! We think "We'll get back to it". But that's where our comfort zones and denial (go ahead, read it again at the top there) come to the rescue. The rescue...he he. Ahhh....rescue, ya for those with power and greed as their North Star.

I lived for many, many years thinking people could be no more harmful in their intentions than as was I. That's called 'projection' I believe. And then I could no longer deny the recklessness of human beings who don't or can't live from their hearts. They cause and inflict a lot of damage, more often in the name of good. They can cause a great deal of chaos.

When the collective recklessness and irresponsibility of those whom I had drawn into my life (thanks to an abusive and dysfunctional childhood where I honestly hadn't learned what 'normal' should be, or that I certainly was deserving of it) came to a head - it became REEEEAAAALLLY messy (that I'll get to on my other blog www.itstartedinoxnard.blogspot.com). It was at that point that I started questioning some of the things my Uncle Johnny had fussed over and carried on about. That usually doesn't make you too popular....when you go upsettin people's denial and comfort zones....but here it goes....

I want to introduce you to a gentleman who really impressed me with his credentials/credibility, intelligence, articulation and humility. His name is G. Edward Griffin and there are two sites where I will direct you to his work. Obviously you can simply Google his name and go from there too. His site: Freedom Force International

First watch the video introduction,  it's right under their logo at the top, click there. Next after reading their 'Welcome' you'll be guided towards the bottom of that page where there'll be a box that instructs a first-time visitor to 'click here' for the essays. That will take you to the 'Issues' page, read it and you'll once again be down at the bottom where you will find the series of articles he's written entitled "The Future Is Calling" available in PDF;
Part 1: The Chasm
Part 2: Secret Organizations and Hidden Agendas
Part 3: Days of Infamy
Part 4: The War on Terrorism
The fifth part "An Idea Whose Hour Has Come" is in video/film form, you can use his link right there beneath the previous 4 parts or You Tube it (and that's the second site where I would direct you for much on him).

But absolutely - do not put this off, and remember as you educate yourself you will be working in the face of our human inclination to stay in homeostasis, and adhere to denial (go ahead, read it again up there) as well as struggle to stay close to that comfort zone you've lived within for oh so many years now.

Mr. Griffin is right, your future is calling, and if we remain in homeostasis, denial, our comfort zones - it's not a pretty one. We have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment